Summer is quickly approaching, with that comes nice warm temperatures…but also swealtering ones too. Having kids through summer during the nice days is sometimes hard enough. Throw some intolerable heat temps and you have a recipe for very bored kids. (at least in my case)
I’m assuming that’s why you’re here, to try some of these ideas with your children to beat the heat this year. Well keep scrolling because I have a whole bucket list of ideas and crafts you can try. I hope they work as good for you as they did for my daughter!
Outdoor Summer Activites
- Tie Dye Clothing
- Picnic at your local park(s)
- Explore a nature reserve
- Plan an exciting scavenger hunt
- Pick wild flowers
- Find fun shapes in the clouds
- Play in a sprinkle
- Have a water balloon fight
- Plant beautiful flowers
- Finger paint outdoors
- Fly a kite
- Go camping in your backyard
- Play with some Flash cards (words or letters)
- Make a blanket fort to camp inside
- Play charades
- Make a summer reading list
- Build your own kites
- Make your own fun book to read
I’m sure you can even find some great ideas to go along with these. We love the “What Moms Love” blog, check it out here.
If you have even more ideas let us know in the comments and we will try it with our kids too!